Tristan and Leila grab a bag of popcorn and settle in for some lighthearted fun as prisoners of war and slaves stab each other for their amusement.
Episode 20, in which Leila discovers:
- that to become a gladiator she'd have to change many things about her personality, but not her sex or her diet.
- that her innate but often well-hidden bloodlust might have made her an enthusiastic arena-goer.
- that even though the very concept of gladiatorial games tramples on the essential dignity of human beings, those naval battles? Pretty badass.
And in which Tristan:
- tries to think of a generic Roman name and comes up with "boxing glove".
- tries to remember the lanista from Gladiator's catchphrase and winds up quoting the Bible. Atta boy.